noobshack patch notes | November 2020 | Sprint 1
November the month of my birthday! It’s been a stressful month for me to be sure at least personally. A few saddening, but hard decisions had to be made in my personal life. However, I’ve been trying to channel some of my stress/feeling into productivity! As of this month here are the updates:
Minecraft! This month a new public server has been launched.
minecraft.reulan.com:25565 is publically available. If the hostname changes check out gameservers for the official server status of
the dedicated game server.
Additionally, this gameserver is having server metadata collected and stored by the noobshack internal API,
Several updates in order for internet visiblity.
- www.noobshack.com now redirects to the reulan | noobshack Discord. (simple HTML redirect)
- Discord settings (roles, categories, text chat, webhooks) have been documented in their current state.
Internal workflow improvements
This is intended more of a technical
- YAML -> HCL -> deploy to k8s workflow.
- TCP/UDP suppored This is the category that has undergone the most changes this month, as I’m trying to do a lot of rebuilding of the internal workflow so the majorty of the heavy lifting can be done for me.
- Atlantis v1 setup, credentials need to be expanded to support all of the Terraform providers that I am using.
atlantisso that anything infrastructure needs to updated can be done so through GitHub PR. (WIP)
- Creating an internal API
wizworma Red DiscordBot
wizworm-cogsto allow for interaction with
Roadmap (Dec 2020)
A few things are planned for December so that I can easily keep deploying new gameservers and services.
- Atlantis supporting all providers (Google Cloud, Terraform Cloud, Cloudflare, GitHub, and Honeycomb)
- Classic dueling MORDHAU gameserver deployed and running.
- Adding more
/gameservers/minecraftwas added, but need to support other protocols a2s as well